This is a family friendly recipe with just the right combination of high protein and complex carbohydrates.
- 4 bell peppers, halved and seeded
- ¼ cup of water
- 2 cups of yellow rice cooked
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1lb of ground turkey, browned and drained
- Arrange peppers in a 9x13 glass baking dish, cut-side down. Pour ¼ cup water in bottom of dish.
- Cover dish tightly with foil and bake in preheated oven at 425 for 20 minutes. Do not turn oven off!
- Drain peppers on paper towels and place peppers back in dish, cut-side up.
- Stir in 1 ½ cup of cheese and ground turkey into prepared rice.
- Fill the peppers with rice mix and sprinkle remaining cheese on tops of peppers.
- Bake uncovered for 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.