- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 white onion (yellow, finely chopped about 1 cup)
- 1 red bell pepper (cored and seeded finely chopped about 34 cup)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 4 cloves clove garlic (finely chopped about 4 teaspoons)
- 2 tsps ground cumin
- 2 tsps dried oregano
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 11/2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 cup canned tomatoes (diced)
- 2 tbsps worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 8 oz of red potatoes peeled and cubed
1. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 5 to 7 minutes. Add tomato paste, garlic, cumin, oregano, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, and bay leaves and cook until fragrant and tomato paste darkens in color, about 2 minutes. Add wine and cook until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 5 minutes.
2. Add meat and cook, stirring and breaking up chunks, until no longer pink, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, raisins, and potatoes. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until potatoes are tender, about 12 minutes.
3. Remove cover and season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove and discard bay leaves. Serve with yellow rice and black beans.