This was a very tasty meal, super fast and easy! Right after we had dinner, Jason was asking me to make it again soon! :) This is a great way to get in vegetables without the family complaining too much!
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil/ canola oil
- 2 cups of yellow summer squash
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 tablespoons of smart balance butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup of whole wheat bread crumbs
- In a large skillet, cook turkey in oil over medium heat until no longer pink.Add the squash and onion. cook until vegetables are crispy.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs, milk, cornstarch, cheese, butter, salt and pepper. Stir into the turkey mixture. Transfer to a greased 8" square baking dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until heated through.